Online Bookings - Support Forum

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with Twitter
Setting up Events
  • Hello,

After much struggle, I'm still having some difficulties setting up my schedule properly. For reference, my integrated (wordpress) checkfront page can be viewed here: http://www.wineinprovence.com/wine-packages/2011-reservations/

I have a tour company that has a different tour on each day of the week.  Each tour has a different price, start/end time, and maximum capacity.  So far, I have created a unique item for each tour including pricing, details, etc.  I have set the default status to "Unavailable."  You can view a screen shot of the item setup here:  http://imm.io/3tRn

I have also created a unique event for each tour that has a weekly occurrence and then applied the event to the corresponding item (all items are under the category of "wine packages"...we are a wine tour company).  You can view a screen shot of the event set up here:  http://imm.io/3tR5

As you can see on my checkfront calendar, nothing appears available.  If I change the item availability to "available" then the item becomes visible on the calendar for all days (not just the ones specified) but only bookable on the specified day.  Confusing? I know.  It appears from the online documentation that the item should remain "unavailable" and then overridden in the events section.

I am at a loss on what to do.  I hope I have provided enough information.  If more details and/or screen shots need to be provided, I would be happy to do that.

Thanks in advance for all replies.

• I see two things in the events section.

1. Change the price to "base"
    2. Check your events settings for each item.  It looks like they are all set to Mondays.

Your settings look correct.  You might need to open up a support ticket and have them look at the code.
  • Thanks for the reply.

1. Change the price to "base"

This has been tried with no result.  Actually, this is the setting I have for all of my events.  It just happens that when I took the screen shot, it was set to "create new price" as I was seeing if that was the problem.

2. Check your events settings for each item.  It looks like they are all set to Mondays. 

This is not the case.  I have 6 events, all of which are scheduled on a different day of the week (via the "events" section).  For example, I have an event called the "best of Aix" which is scheduled for Tuesdays.  In the events section under "apply to" I check the "best of Aix" which is an inventory item I created with specific price, description, etc.  When I do this, nothing shows up in the calendar on Tuesdays.  However, if I click "signature french wine tasting" under the "apply to" section in events, then all my events show up on Mondays in the calendar, despite having the "Tuesday" box ticked.

• Brian,
    When I look at 3/21 I'm seeing all your items. 

Can you put up the calendar widget on that page.  I'll check to see if my css matches yours.  It looks like you might have to open up a support ticket.  Jason is very good at troubleshooting.
  • Brian,

The css looks right. 

What is your setting under manage>setup>configuration.  I have days set.  Also, on the item>advance tab make sure you have 'lock calendar' and 'visible' both checked.
  • When I look at 3/21 I'm seeing all your items.  
    Yes, this is what is bizarre. And all events show up on Monday despite them being scheduled for different days. And they also all show up on a specific day when only one other event is applied to the item "signature french wine tasting."

What is your setting under manage>setup>configuration.  I have days set.  Also, on the item>advance tab make sure you have 'lock calendar' and 'visible' both checked. 

My setup under both sections are exactly as you described.

Can you put up the calendar widget on that page?

I'm sorry, but I'm not exactly sure what you are asking for here.

Thanks for your help.  I've also emailed Jason about the issue.
  • RESOLVED

This problem was resolved by disabling the "Start Day of the Week" rule.
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions